Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lägger in möjlighet att bryta ner resultat

Om man använder forms vid tex medarbetarundersökning vill man kunna bryta ner (filtrera) resultatet per verksamhet och enhet utifrån ett organisationsträd utan att behöva gå till grunddatan. Är detta möjligt att få till?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow branching dependent on quiz score

I would like to make a Complex quiz as follows:
    Test takers complete a pre-test filter of 10 questions. If they get less than five correct it takes them to test A; if they get more than five right it takes them to test B. If this is already possible, I’d love to know how to do it! If not, it would be a useful addition. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can use Branching with sections

It would be very helpful if branching could be used with the new sections rather than just with individual questions. Being able to navigate between sections would support personalisation and differentiation within the classroom

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Nesting(Cascading?) in Branching

It would be Amazing to have Nesting option in Branching. For instance, if one choice is selected, and I need additional info for that specific selection, then another Text box, pick list, rating etc. should open right underneath the selected choice rather than jumping to another question. Especially, if I need to have respondents select multiple choices in the Choices option and need to drill further based on each selection, I cant have them go to another question just yet because they might need to select other choices before moving forward.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. To add the time limit for answering each quiz question

In Microsoft Forms, if there is an option to set the time limit for answering each question, that would be a great feature. After the time limit is over, question and answer section need to be grayed out and respondent should not be able to answer. In this way, we can test the Time management skill of the respondent.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Branching options for selections

It would be great if there was an option to branch responces to a list. For example,

What benefits to you provide?

If Short-Term Disability is selected, I would like to ask for additional selections such as 'required by labour law' or 'customary'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Advanced Branching NEEDS

I want to have a question where the user selects a section, then is taken to that section to fill out the questions, then is taken back to the "select a section" question to choose another section. when they are done with the questions on the sections they choose, they can select a "i'm done" option on the question to be taken to the end of the form. The branching needs to be backward-compatible: if a user chooses section 2 the first time, then decides they want to do section 1 after all i should be able to let them…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add conditional branching depending on NPS question

when asking the NPS question, I'd like to branch to a particular question for those who did not answer 9 or 10 such as "what would you like to see to score our service 9 or 10?"

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Branching in Forms- hide/show option

Branching in Forms (Not Forms Pro) should have hide or show option available for each question.

I am trying to use branching in one of the questions in the middle of the form. I have 16 questions and I needed to add branching rule to question 8.

i.e. show Q9 when selected Yes but dont show Q9 if selected no, and leave the questions before and after displayed regardless of the response for Q8. I need preview mode to show all the questions at once, but it hid all the questions after Q8 after i used brnching. I dont need…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow branching

A serious forms-tool should contain some way of branching. Depending on answers jump certain questions or go to a certain area of questions. Branching is currently failing from Forms

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cascading Dropdowns

NEED the ability to change dropdown values based on the selection of the PREVIOUS question.

a. Example:

i.  2 dropdowns; dropdown1 & dropdown2

ii. Dropdown1 has 3 options. User selects an option.
    iii. Dropdown2 is filtered by the selection from dropdown1
    iv. Example:
    1. Dropdown1 options:
    a. Red
    b. White
    c. Blue
    2. User selects Red
    3. Dropdown2 options:
    a. Shirt
    b. Coat
    c. Hat
    v. If user selects White from dropdown1, dropdown2 options would be:
    1. Gloves
    2. Glasses
    3. Shoes

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Result Ranges with Custom Feedback

Quiz results are scored and the respondent receives immediate customized feedback based on a range of scores. For example, if they score 0%-50% "feedback" but if they score 51%-79% different "feedback" and if they score 80%-100% yet a different customized "feedback"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clear data in branched subquestion if controlling question/response is deselected

When question is shown due to branching and a response is made to this - then this response should be cleared if branching rule no longer is true. Right now it is just hided, but the response remains.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Carry down answers from one question, into the next

Add the ability to carry down answers from one question onto the next. e.g. "Which communications channels do you use?" [tick all that apply] then the next question populates with those answers and asks you "How effective do you feel each of these channels is?" [then scale of 1 - 10 for each one]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. randomization

Major survey providers, such as Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey, allow random assignment to branches of the survey, which allows one to run experiments (e.g., A|B testing, or A|B|C, etc).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Data validation: Change data validation based on previous question i.e.

Change data validation for next question based on answer to previous question. i.e.

Question 1:

What is your business unit?
    A. Unit 1
    B. Unit 2

Question 2:

If Unit 1 was chosen then:
    A. Americas North
    B. Americas South

If Unit 2 was chosen:
    A. Europe North
    B. Europe South

Branching does not work effectively. You would have to create 2 questions for the same question. This also impacts the excel output.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better visibility and behavior during branching by making a flowchart option

If the branching tool has the option to display as a flowchart you would get better visibility on path that u create, also by making it function like a flowchart you would get a better grasp on what questions will be shown and which will be hidden.
    Because right now you don't know which questions will be shown when you have a big form with multiple big branches.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. branching does not work

Branching does not branch correctly. Hides the wrong question, doesn't do anything, etc. There are many issues with Branching with Forms Pro - New Survey

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. go to and count

I would like to cycle through a number of questions three times and tally the responses. So a 'go to' and 'count'.
    eg after Q6 go to Q2, count 3 times then end form. Meanwhile tally all
    responses in Q2-Q6.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.