Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hierarchical branching

When completing a survey it may be necessary to rank some responses and then question each of those responses. This means that returning to the lead question becomes conditional on other responses having already been made. Therefore in the example If the user chose A as the first option, returning to the question would leave only options B, C and D (i.e conditional responses available since one response has already been selected). This would avoid having to duplicate questions, and would make the results far easier to analyse in Excel. It would also mean that hierarchical analysis could be accomplished,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Branching (Advanced)

Hi, it would be great if branching could include some functionality with rating questions - I'm using quite complex branching to go the extra mile and deliver a bit more of a personalised survey and it would be great to send respondents to different questions based on a 1-10 or 1-5 rating, rather than constantly having to ask for 'Strongly Agree - Strongly Disagree' each time.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Logic of this Branching it should hide the section between the jump

Logic of this Branching it should hide the section between the jump

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. branch diagram (visio maybe?)

i would like the ability to download a diagram of the branching paths so that building conditional responses in FLOW is easier.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to go back and change a response to a previously submitted question

If I'm using Forms as a data collection tool (rather than as a surveying tool), it would be very useful for users to be able to go to previously submitted form and change a response.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. #5 receives my top vote. I see branching based on the question, but not on the response to the question. For example, if the answer is "Yes"

5 receives my top vote. I see branching based on the question, but not on the response to the question. For example, if the answer is "Yes" to Question 1, I'd like the user to be routed to Question 2. If the answer to Question 1 is "No", I'd like the user to be routed to Question 3 and to bypass Question 2. Is that already possible?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add ability to interact with another form

If for example a "new hire form" is created, when a manager as the option on the form to request a new computer yes or no, if the yes option is selected then the form "called hardware purchase" will show up so it can be filled out. After the "hardware purchase form" has been completed then it goes back to finish the "new hire form"

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. expand branching function

Allow the branching option to be set to return to the same question so the responder can keep changing their response until the correct answer is attained.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sort it out

Put everything that Google Forms has!!!! being as its free

1. Collab using MS Accounts, not just by a link

2. Spilt with text boxes and page breaks

3. Dip it raw til its sore

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. branching

This may be user error, but it seems like when you use branching, all questions after the branching question are hidden until you answer the branching question. It would be better if the full survey was visible, except for any drill-down question, which would just show up in the list based on the response to the branching question.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Limit the responses shown to the branch put in place.

I have built a form with several branches. When the previous question is answered, the form jumps to the correct branch, but all following branches can be seen too.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Event registration with limited seats and QR ticket for check in upon arrival

Registration form showing number of customers that already have signed up and available seats left. The result should allow the customers to click on the number of people going and see who actually is going, similarly to Meetup. Perhaps with an option to show or hide... Complimenting this whole idea is the generation of a printable and digital ticket with a QR code. The QR code will be used with a QR reader to check in upon arrival.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Benchmark for Multiple choice wrong answer

When a user choose the correct answer for multiple option, there is no option to skip the next question. For example, in single choice quiz, user can skip the next question, based on correct answer. In multiple choice it would be better if we have an benchmark stating if the answer is correct then option 1 ----------------, if the answer is wrong then option 2--------------

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Forms匿名测试机制

Forms匿名测试与试卷答题,对社区公共测验,无法有筛选用户,不支持微信快捷答题登录

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Every file in any Office 365 format can be present on One Drive

One Drive to be manager and unique every files created in Office 365.
    For example: To be open by One Drive files Forms, Sway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a branching option that exits the survey

I would like to add a question at the beginning of my survey which can be used by the completer to confirm that they agree to participate in the survey. At the moment, if they don't, I have to go to the last question. I would like an branch option that exits the survey, rather than taking them to another question.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have ability for enable external sharing with another office 365 tenan

Have ability for enable external sharing with another office 365 tenant. this ability is necessary for get external user data for questionary. for company with two or more registered tenant.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include a way to pipe responses from one question to be used in other questions and responses

If I select phone (in responses to preferred method of contact), then the form can branch to the question prompting for entering a phone number (as opposed to entering an email, or address). Then, once the phone number is entered, you can add a question like, "Is your phone number below correct? (and their entered phone number appears for confirmation). If the respondent selects yes, the form continues, if no is selected, then the form goes back to the question prompting for entering a phone number.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make the question submit before branching to the remediation question in branching.

The submits before going to the branched question. That way the student cant go back and change the answer so the branch goes away.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When using branching in a quiz, we lose the feedback. Need to be able to use both

Branching is able to be set up with a quiz, but in the live version the question specific dlfeedback does not show. Would be nice to have the feedback show and then option to move to next question based on branching rules.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.